Introduction to LockDown Browser
These brief videos show how LockDown Browser can be used with your Learning Management System.
Our training webinars are the best way to get up-and-running with LockDown Browser.
Attend a Training Webinar
Getting Started with LockDown Browser
The following steps and resources will help you begin using LockDown Browser.
The sample text below can be used in your course or syllabus. It explains that students must use LockDown Browser for their online tests.
Using LockDown Browser for Online Exams
This course requires the use of LockDown Browser for online exams. Watch this short video to get a basic understanding of LockDown Browser and the optional webcam feature (which may be required for some exams).
Then download and install LockDown Browser from this link:
[NOTE TO INSTRUCTOR: INSERT YOUR INSTITUTION'S DOWNLOAD URL HERE]
To take an online test, start LockDown Browser and navigate to the exam. (You won't be able to access the exam with a standard web browser.) For additional details on using LockDown Browser, review this Student Quick Start Guide (PDF).
Finally, when taking an online exam, follow these guidelines:
- Ensure you're in a location where you won't be interrupted
- Turn off all mobile devices, phones, etc.
- Clear your desk of all external materials — books, papers, other computers, or devices
- Remain at your desk or workstation for the duration of the test
- LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the test until all questions are completed and submitted
Ensure your first exam using LockDown Browser runs smoothly! Have students take an ungraded practice quiz that requires the use of LockDown Browser, before the graded exam occurs.
Leave the quiz available for the duration of the course, with unlimited attempts, so students can access it again if they use a different computer.