The Respondus 4.0.6.00 patch is only intended for those who already installed Respondus 4.0 (to upgrade from Respondus 3.5 download the full install of Respondus 4.0). You do not have to apply earlier patches before applying the Respondus 4.0.6.00 patch.
In addition, all patches are immediately incorporated into the full installation programs that are available from this website, so it's not necessary to apply a patch if you have downloaded and installed the latest installation program from this website.
A detailed list of the issues related to this patch appears at the bottom of this page.
The quickest and easiest way to download and apply the 4.0.6.00 patch is to start Respondus 4.0, go to the "Help" menu, select "Check for Update," and then click "Get Update."
If you prefer, though, you may also download the appropriate version of the patch from the links below. Once the patch is downloaded, double-click the file to run a short unzip process that replaces the original Respond.exe file.
The Respondus 4.0.6.00 patch includes these features:
Canvas, Desire2Learn, and eCollege Personalities
- Updated SSL support for certain types of connections with Canvas, Brightspace, and Pearson Learning Studio
The patch also includes all fixes and enhancements from previous Respondus 4.0 patches, including:
All Learning Management System "Personalities"
- Client installs of Respondus 4 will now renew automatically each year if Preconfigured Server Settings are enabled in the administrator area of respondus.com (only available for campus-wide licensing)
Blackboard Learn Personality
- Support for Blackboard SaaS
- Support for Blackboard Learn 9.1 Q4 2015 (SP 17)
- Fixes for publishing quiz settings in Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 16
- Fixes for retrieving Fill-in-the-blank questions in Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 15 - 16
- Fixes for retrieving/printing equation images created in WIRIS editor
- Fix for minimum requirements warning when using browser-based Single-Sign-On authentication
- Support for batch publishing (only available for campus-wide licensing)
- Fix to display correct respondusws server module version in Publish status window
- Moodle server downloads page: click here