We are pleased to announce that Respondus 3.0 is available. The information below will provide an overview of the updated features and explain how to obtain the new version.
Some of the new features in Respondus 3.0 are as follows:
- Angel 6.3 integration is available. (Respondus 3.0 will also work with ANGEL 6.2, if the ANGEL administrator adds a few API files to the server.)
- “Calculated” questions are fully supported for WebCT CE and WebCT Vista (see related article).
- “Algorithmic” questions are available for Blackboard, eCollege, ANGEL, and IMS QTI users. This feature turns a standard “multiple choice” question into an algorithmic question by linking to a Flash object that contains the algorithmic function (see related article).
- A new Publish Wizard simplifies the publishing process. In addition, the campus-wide version of Respondus 3.0 includes a “batch publishing” feature that allows an exam or survey to be published to multiple courses in one step.
- Other enhancements were made to the following tasks: Preview, IMS QTI importing and exporting, Random Blocks (Blackboard), self-tests (WebCT), Download Data (Blackboard), Settings (Blackboard), and the Web Link tool.
If you’re a current Respondus user, you know that we prefer to release new features as soon as they are ready -- rather than hold them for a major update that may be many months away. Dozens of features were made available (for free) following the release of Respondus 2.0 in February 2003, and we plan to follow a similar approach for Respondus 3.0. A few of the Respondus 3.0 enhancements planned for the upcoming months include Blackboard 6.3 integration and WebCT 6/Vista 4 integration.
Upgrading to Respondus 3.0
Institutions with a campus-wide license of Respondus receive all updates as part of their annual subscription fee. If your Respondus 2.0 software was obtained through a campus-wide site license, the easiest way to obtain the Respondus 3.0 update is as follows:
- Start your computer and make sure it is connected to the Internet
- Start Respondus 2.0
- Click Help
- Click Check for Update
- Click Get Update
- Upon exiting Respondus, version 3.0 will be applied
Individuals with “single-user” licenses of Respondus 2.0 cannot upgrade to the new version using the steps described above. Previous purchasers of “single-user” licenses must download the Respondus 3.0 setup program and go to the Registration page at our site to purchase an activation password (or to request a 30-day activation password).
Major upgrades are not available at discounted prices to single-user licensers of Respondus, as explained in our Upgrade Policy and FAQ page. The exception is for individuals who purchased single-user copies of Respondus 2.0 after December 15, 2004. These individuals have already been emailed a code that allows for a free upgrade to Respondus 3.0. (Note: If you purchased Respondus 2.0 after December 15, 2004 and did NOT receive the upgrade code by email, please email a copy of your purchase receipt to email@example.com.)
Online Help, User Guides, and Knowledgebase
The online help is fully updated in Respondus 3.0. The Respondus Knowledgebase and user guides have also been updated.
Source: Respondus, Inc. (www.respondus.com)
Originally Published: April 4, 2005
< Back to list of articles