LockDown Browser® is a custom browser that locks down the computer environment during online testing. When students use LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another website, or access other applications during an online test. Millions of students and learners use LockDown Browser each year, making it the standout leader in locked browser technology.
The standard version of LockDown Browser already integrates with the leading learning management systems (Blackboard, Brightspace, Canvas, Schoology, Moodle, and more). With the SDK Edition of LockDown Browser, other companies and organizations can license and integrate it with their own online testing platforms.
The Software Development Kit provides a quick, easy way to create seamless integrations with any assessment platform. And, the licensing model for the SDK Edition offers an economical and flexible way to distribute the browser to customers.
SDK Feature List
- The SDK is well-documented and allows integrations to be developed in days, not months.
- Integrations enable the locked browser to be launched automatically, wherever the learner is required to use it.
- Available for Windows, Mac and iOS/iPad environments.
- The installer is easy enough for students or learners to use themselves, or installs can be pushed to managed computers.
- Cost-effective licensing plans make the buy-versus-build analysis clear.
- Maintenance and updates are included in the annual license fee.
- Flexible licensing options allow the locked browser to be distributed as part of the core product offering (i.e. no additional cost to the customer) or as an up-sell.
- Not just for testing, LockDown Browser can be used wherever sensitive content is accessed online.
The SDK Edition of LockDown Browser offers organizations a competitive advantage for their online testing platform. You can read more about the licensing model. If your company or organization would like to learn more about the licensing or technology, please contact us .