Respondus 4.0 is a Windows application for creating exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Blackboard CourseSites. Respondus 4.0 offers two ways to create an exam: within the application itself using simple question templates, or by converting an entire exam from MS Word format (images, tables, equations and formatting are retained). Respondus 4.0 supports 15 question types and offers dozens of time-saving tools.
Using Respondus 4.0 with Blackboard CourseSites
Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard CourseSites. While using LockDown Browser, students are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications during an online test. Available for both Windows and Mac.
Using LockDown Browser with Blackboard CourseSites
The Respondus LockDown Browser setting is managed from the "Course Tools" section of a Blackboard course and can be enabled as needed.
- Review the demo movies for a general overview of how to use LockDown Browser with online tests.
- Download the Quick Start Guides for essential information on getting started with Respondus LockDown Browser.
- Respondus LockDown Browser must be installed to each computer being used to take a test. Provide the link below to students so that they can download and install the application.
With StudyMate Class, instructors enter glossary terms, facts or sample questions that are transformed into a variety of learning activities, self-assessments and games. Students then choose from activities such as flash cards, crossword puzzles, and self-quizzes, allowing them to learn course content in a fun and engaging way. Student activity can be easily monitored and graded, allowing instructors to give ongoing feedback.
Using StudyMate Class with Blackboard CourseSites
StudyMate Class is available in the Content area of a Blackboard CourseSites course.
- Watch this demo movie for a brief overview - Introduction to StudyMate Class
- Download the Quick Start Guides for essential information on getting started
To learn about campus-wide licensing of any Respondus application, click here to request more information.