The StudyMate Author 2.5.3.01 patch is only intended for those who already installed StudyMate Author 2.0 or 2.5. You do not have to apply earlier patches before applying the StudyMate Author 2.5.3.01 patch. In addition, all patches are immediately incorporated into the full installation programs that are available from this website, so it's not necessary to apply a patch if you have downloaded and installed the latest installation program from this website. A detailed list of the issues related to this patch appears at the bottom of this page.
The quickest and easiest way to download and apply the 2.5.3.01 patch is to start StudyMate Author, go to the "Help" menu, select "Check for Update," and then click "Get Update."
If you prefer, though, you may also download the appropriate version of the patch from the links below. Once the patch is downloaded, double-click the file to run a short unzip process that replaces the original StudyMate.exe file.
The StudyMate Author 2.5.3.01 patch includes these features:
- Campus-wide licenses: Preconfigured Server Settings updates before each publish attempt
- Campus-wide licenses: automatic license renewal feature when PSS is used or when publish to studymate.com
- Blackboard Learn, updated authentication and course list support
- Fix for "parameter is invalid" error in Open File task
- Fix for crash in Quick Copy Wizard
The patch also includes all fixes and enhancements from previous StudyMate Author patches, including:
- Blackboard Learn, support for publishing Flash-based activities to 9.1 SP 14 and S P15 / 201404 servers
- StudyMate.com, fix for HTML in Term/Definition items breaking the activities
- Blackboard Learn, fix for publishing Flash-based activities when the Content Collection root folder has 100+ items
- DOCX imports are now supported (Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 must be installed on the PC)