The StudyMate Author 2.5.1.04 patch is only intended for those who already installed StudyMate Author 2.0 or 2.5. You do not have to apply earlier patches before applying the StudyMate Author 2.5.1.04 patch. In addition, all patches are immediately incorporated into the full installation programs that are available from this website, so it's not necessary to apply a patch if you have downloaded and installed the latest installation program from this website. A detailed list of the issues related to this patch appears at the bottom of this page.
You can download the appropriate version of the patch from the links below. Once the patch is downloaded, double-click the file to run a short unzip process that replaces the original StudyMate.exe file.
The StudyMate Author 2.5.1.04 patch includes these features:
- Blackboard Learn, support for publishing Flash-based activities to 9.1 SP11 - SP13 servers
- Blackboard Learn, fix for publishing Flash-based activities when the Content Collection root folder has 100+ items
- StudyMate.com, fix for "Replace Project" not showing more than the first 70 projects
- Check for Update can now find minor updates ("hotfixes") that may only apply to one LMS or a few users
The patch also includes all fixes and enhancements from previous StudyMate Author patches, including:
- DOCX imports are now supported (Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 must be installed on the PC)
- Multiple item types can be imported from the same file if in DOCX format
- "Expanded View" functions were added to the "Item List" on the Edit tab
- The "Item List" on the Edit tab has been updated with new functions
- Improved authentication support for Blackboard 9.1 SP8 - SP10 and CourseSites
- A new publishing option enables learning activities to be viewed on smartphones and tablets, with customized displays for each device (uses HTML5)
- Instructors can make learning activities available outside the LMS via StudyMate.com, a cloud server
- Instructors can use a simple URL to direct students to activities, enabling links to appear pretty much anywhere (the LMS, Word docs, Facebook, etc.)